Unique in design, high-quality materials, and durability. The leasehold has been pre-paid for for 50 years and the house is very well maintained (painted inside and out in 2022).
Light and space characterize this magnificent and very spacious mansion (2009, GFA 311 m2, energy label A+) on Steigereiland Zuid.
By making full use of the good sun exposure and the central open stairwell with glass roof, daylight is felt throughout the house. The floors are connected vertically by the stair column. The higher you go, the wider the void-like stairwell and the larger and lighter the spaces become. The living areas are therefore located on the upper floors and have a wide view of the water and the surrounding area. Each floor has its own terrace and access to the outside.
This house was designed by architect Lidewij Lenders, chosen as the best design in 2010 and mentioned in the Architecture Yearbook 2010.
Under her guidance, this house was built and finished to a very high quality level, with great attention to detail, with no expense spared. With CLT (cross laminated timber) a sustainable design has been realized that provides a robust appearance and a serene ambiance.
The outside is finished in Swedish red and on the inside the walls are provided with a Whitewash treatment and the color scheme is Grauweiss. The combination with the polished concrete floors throughout the house, all with underfloor heating, creates a beautiful and timeless image.
The use of high-quality sustainable materials results in a low-maintenance and spacious living home.
The design uses the principle of passive solar energy: large south-facing windows ensure that solar heat can enter the house in winter through the low position of the sun and is retained in the house, while the balconies and the roof overhang above the terrace prevent the sun from shining directly in during the summer. The higher sun position in the summer contributes to this.
Much has been written about this famous home. A lot can be found on the own home website; edmondhalleylaan44.nl.
The leasehold has been pre-paid for until April 30th, 2057
Sellers have already received confirmation from the Municipality for the application for the Regret Opt-Out Scheme. If the buyer wishes, sellers can make a choice before July 31st, 2023 to switch to perpetual leasehold.
Covered entrance, large hall with cloakroom, light from the central stair column, garage with plenty of storage space, space for the washing machine and dryer, automatic revolving door and space for a car. Toilet with fountain.
A spacious studio/bedroom/office (34 m2) with pantry (sink and fridge), and bathroom with sink, shower, and cupboard space is located at the rear and is garden-oriented. There is a glass sliding door over the entire height and width. The landscaped garden on the south is a wonderful place to be.
Landing, the bathroom is accessible via the landing and through both bedrooms and equipped with a double washbasin with built-in taps, duo bath, toilet and walk-in shower. The rear bedroom has a large balcony over the entire width. The bedroom at the front is also of a large size, has a built-in wardrobe and can easily be divided.
Spacious kitchen diner floor with heights of up to approximately 3.40 meters and beautiful large cantilevered flower frame at the front. This creates a deep window sill. At this front is the stylish open kitchen designed by Roel de Vos, equipped with a cooking island with a matted stainless steel worktop with rounded corners. All conveniences are available and here is a cozy breakfast corner.
At the rear there is room for a spacious dining/working table. There is plenty of space here to talk, work and dine with a large group. There is also a balcony over the entire width here.
The open staircase column connects all floors vertically and this gives a very spacious feeling throughout the house.
Living/study room, slightly higher at the front with built-in bookcases. At the rear a second sitting area with a balcony over the entire width with shelter at the top. The ceiling is a Swiss construction specially made for optimal acoustics.
This space can have a mixed living and working function. An extra bedroom can also be made here.
Roof terrace. Entrance with very large window area through which a lot of light enters the stairwell, roof terrace with water tap and electricity connection.
From the top floors there is a beautiful view over the Zeeburger Bay and the city.
- Living area 229 m2, volume 877 m3 (in accordance with measuring instructions);
- built in 2009;
- leasehold: General Conditions out of 2000, the leasehold canon has been pre-paid for up to and including April 30th, 2057 and the switch to perpetual leasehold has been applied for under favorable conditions;
- underfloor heating and hot water through district heating;
- fully insulated and equipped with HR ++ glazing;
- known at the Land Registry’s office as municipality of Amsterdam, section AU, number 2502, sized 1 are 44 centiare;
- definitive energy label A+
- transfer in consultation.
The house is located on a popular part of 'Steigereiland Zuid' in IJburg. The island has a primary school (adjacent to the end of the street), health center, childcare centers and café/restaurant Vrijburcht around the corner. Various secondary schools (VWO, HAVO and VMBO) are nearby, as well as the shopping center and Amsterdam creative shops and restaurants at the Port. A new beach has just been created and opened. The Diemerpark (with a small beach) is located across the water within walking distance, where you can enjoy recreation and sports. Due to the spacious layout of the island (mainly low-rise buildings), it is also a pleasant environment for children to live. Tram 26 takes you to Central Station within fifteen minutes and the ring A10 (S114) as well as the Eastern Access to the A1 and A9 are within easy reach.
- The facade is insulated with a wood fiber insulation board and finished with vertical slats of thermowood;
- the facade cladding, main supporting structure, inner walls and stairs are made of laminated cross laminated timer elements (CLT);
- because the materials used mainly consist of wood, this ensures a particularly healthy and pleasant living environment and acoustics;
- each floor has its own terrace and therefore contact with the outside (good sun position);
- the house is in perfect condition. Painted inside and outside in 2022. Incidentally, the outdoor wood is very durable and maintenance-free;
- each floor has practical access to a technical room with all cables and gutters;
- the house has several layout options and can easily be converted into bedrooms added;
- all windows are HR++;
- the roof of the stairwell has large windows that allow a lot of light into the house enters;
- all switchgear is high quality
- this house is separate from the neighbors, so there is no contact noise;
- surrender perpetual leasehold is € 46,803.00 or after May 1st, 2057 € 3,466.38 per year plus inflation;
- view the own home website of this house on edmondhalleylaan44.nl.
In short: A truly unique home in which the light and space give a lot of energy. Make a viewing appointment without obligation and be surprised!
Read full description