Beautiful and efficiently laid out 19th century double ground floor house with 50 m² south-facing garden, located on freehold ground in the charming and child-friendly Old West neighbourhood in Amsterdam.
The private entrance leads to a large space with remarkable high ceilings and lots of light. The 14-meter deep living area has a spacious open kitchen on the street side and at the back side an extra wide living room with two pairs of patio doors opening into the sunny garden. The raised hardwood terrace overlooks the lawn with a plum tree and a spacious garden house.
The first floor consists of two large, bright bedrooms. One has a large balcony and fitted wardrobes, the other has a French balcony. Situated In between is the bathroom with a tub and walk-in shower. The toilet is separate. If desired, it is easy to create a third bedroom.
Ground floor: entrance, corridor, toilet, fuse box, storage space, open kitchen, airy living room, terrace, garden and garden house.
1st Floor: corridor, two large bedrooms with balcony, bathroom and separate toilet.
- Situated on freehold ground.
- South facing 50m² backyard with terrace and garden house.
- Ceiling ground floor 3,20m high.
- Fully equipped with double glazing, central heating.
- Wooden floors.
- Underfloor heating in the bathroom.
- French balcony at the front and spacious balcony at the rear.
- HR boiler in frost-free cupboard on the balcony.
- Whole building completely renovated in 2010 and split into four separate apartments.
- Financially healthy VVE, four members, monthly service costs € 150
The house is located in the popular, residential neighbourhood of Oud-West. (Overtoomse Sluis). There are several primary schools nearby and playgrounds like the J.J Cremerplein, offer plenty of outdoor activities for children of all ages. The Vondelpark is only a 5-minute walk away. For daily shopping, there are many options on the Jan Pieter Heijestraat, Overtoom and the fresh market of the Ten Katestraat. The Oud-West district is known for its many restaurants, authentic neighbourhood cafes and the popular Foodhallen with a cinema and nice shops.
The apartment is easily accessible by public transport (including trams 1 and 11) by car you are within a few minutes on the ring A-10. You can easily travel to Schiphol, The Hague, Utrecht and beyond via the train stations like Zuid-WTC and Lelylaan.
Read full description